This great project is spearheaded by a team of history and archaeology enthusiasts, with the goal of preserving and giving a new life to a site rich in culture and heritage, and inviting today’s citizens to make it their own.
The dynamic Merry House team is comprised of:
- Sophie Charbonneau > Director General, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Geneviève Dorion Bélisle > Project Manager, Exhibitions, Educational Action and Events, email@example.com
- Mireille Chapleau > Administration, Communications and Customer Service Assistant, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Marie Lemonnier > Interpreter-guide, email@example.com
- Emma Paradis > Interpreter-guide, firstname.lastname@example.org
Board of Directors
- Marie-France Bourdages > Chairwoman
- Diane Pelletier > Vice-chairwoman, representing the City of Magog
- Maire-Claire Manon Bergeron > Treasurer
- Mélanie Pelletier > Secretary
- Pierre Bastien > Board member, representing Magog Historical Society
- Hélène Daneau >Board Member
- Maurice Langlois >Board Member
The Merry House is a citizen site of memory that present Magog’s history and that of the region from the time of the Aboriginal peoples and the American settlers, up to today. Discover the oldest house in urban Magog through exhibitions and exciting activities.
Thanks to a playful and interactive approach, the Merry House wishes to showcase the many cultural references of its community’s past and become a keyplayer in the heritage presentation of its region.
In an effort to maintain open communication, Merry House’s employees and administrators are guided by the following values in their actions and decisions:
- Greet the public, develop, promote and manage the citizen site of memory oh the Merry House for the benefit of Magog’s residents and visitors.
- Initiate and sensitize visitors to the history, heritage and archeology of Magog’s community and its region by hosting different cultural activities throughout the year, in complementarity with the other cultural organizations.
- Contribute to the cultural, social and economic development of the City of Magog and its region.
Job Openings and Volunteering
Join our great team!
Read various articles about us.
- COVID-19 Pandemic: The Merry House Postponed Its Activities
- Launch of the 2020 Programming
- The Merry House Receives the 2019 Excellence Award of the SMQ
- Conférence : Histoire des boissons alcooliques au Québec
- Je me souviens… des travailleurs de la Textile.
- Merry Musical : concerts at the Merry house
- Annual Benefit Event – Scotch Tasting
- Launch of the 2019 Programming
- A successful Grand Opening
- The Merry House Grand Opening!
- La Maison Merry se dote d’un site Internet et d’une image de marque
- Anciens travailleurs du textile, la Maison Merry veut vous entendre
Articles about us